Monday 14 January 2013

Ideas for the New Year


 

New Approach to the New Year

I’ve decided this year to gather up all the scraps of paper, half-filled notebooks and mind maps of ideas I have lying around and put them all into a lovely lined blank book I received as a Christmas gift.  Usually I’d have a grand plan for setting myself the task of writing something every day but I’ve decided to be kinder to myself this year and use these things as prompts and see where the writing takes me instead of trying to force the pace. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Stand and deliver

I’ve just been reading Michael Bungay Stanier’s excellent blog, Outside the Lines.  If you don’t subscribe to it you should. http://www.boxofcrayons.biz/free/ He has an interesting piece on moving to a standing desk, because we are all sitting too much.  I’m running an experiment to see how it works for me. 

Quote for the month

"In absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia, until we ultimately become enslaved by it."

Robert Heinlein
1907-1988, Novelist and Screenwriter


It’s easy to get caught up in the day to day to do list, this week take some time to reflect on what you want and create some written time specific goals you’re working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment